Opened on 19 July 1977 by HRH The Prince of Wales, The Churchill quickly established a reputation as a leading producing theatre. The Churchill’s policy is to present a comprehensive range of outstanding entertainment fulfilling the needs of local theatre-goers. The comfortable auditorium, seating up to 785, is fully air-conditioned and the theatre’s facilities include bars, refreshment kiosks and spacious foyers.
Currently there are no events for the Bromley Churchill Theatre .
Selected fan reports for events at this venue Bromley Churchill Theatre
One Night of Elvis Starring Lee Memphis King
Absolutely fabulous from Rosco, 03/05/13
Just back from seeing Lee Memphis King at the Churchill Theatre Bromley 3rd May 2013. I wasnt expecting much but being an Elvis fan thought why not go. He is quite extraordinary: there cannot be better. The voice is uncanny and the stage persona when singing is so like Elvis that from our seats it WAS HIM. I could only get two tickets as the event was sold out so I took my 15 year old daughter who loved every minute. Next time we shall all go. His patter, in his native Scots, between songs is very amusing and down to earth but when he sings he is magical. Obviously also hes a very nice guy. We shall see him again beyond a shadow of a doubt. 5 stars can never do him justice. Many thanks indeed for a fabulous nights entertainment.
Address: Bromley Churchill Theatre
Nearest rail: Bromley South (From London Victoria and Kent)
Bromley North (From London Charing Cross and London Bridge)
Bus routes: 61, 119, 126, 146, 162, 208, 227, 261, 269, 314, 320, 336, 351, 352, 354, 358, 361, 367, 402, 726
Parking is available in the Hill Car Park on Beckenham Lane (5 minutes from the theatre).
People with limited mobility can ask Ticket Sales staff for their advice on the best seating arrangements.
• There is a disabled access lifting platform from the Circle Foyer to the Circle Terrace.
• For theatregoers who would prefer to sit in the Stalls a lift is available from the Circle Terrace – please ask a member of staff to escort you.
• All staircases between levels have handrails on both sides and are highlighted.
• Theatre Hosts will be happy to bring drinks to your seats during the interval.
• There is level access from the pedestrianised High Street and Churchill Way to Ticket Sales, the Circle Foyer and the Circle itself, and from Tetty Way to Stalls row F.
A Sennheiser infra-red audio system is provided for hard of hearing patrons and for audio-described performances. Headsets are subject to availability. There are two types of headsets for people who may sometimes need to rely on artificial assistance for their hearing:
• A headset which amplifies sound.
• A neck loop which transmits the audio signal directly to the hearing aid.
• There is also a loop audio system available for use at the Ticket Sales counter. To use, please turn the hearing aid to 'T' setting.
Selected performances are sign language interpreted, audio-described and captioned. These are listed in the season brochure. The brochure is also available in large print, on tape or in braille. To request a copy, or to join our access mailing list, please call 020 8464 7131.
Guide, hearing and other working dogs are welcome in all parts of the theatre.
One accessible toilet is provided to the right of Ticket Sales on entering the Circle Foyer. A RADAR key is available from Ticket Sales. Please note there are no accessible facilities if you sit in the Stalls.