His Majesty's Theatre (HMT) was designed by the eminent theatre architect Frank Matcham and opened in 1906. HMT attracts a wide and diverse range of top quality theatre productions from musicals to top class drama and dance.
The theatre seats around 1470 people and was reopened in September 2005 following a major £8million re-development . The redevelopment successfully added a modern aspect to a n historic Edwardian building and the new facilities have brought the theatre to life both day and night offering 21st century theatre goers a truly memorable experience.
HMT is operated by Aberdeen Performing Arts, a charitable organisation which also operates and manages the Music Hall, The Lemon Tree and Aberdeen Box Office.
Currently there are no events for the His Majesty's Theatre Aberdeen .
- Street level entry with a drop off point in front of the theatre
- Disabled parking available on Union Terrace in front of Pavarotti’s restaurant and Schoolhill outside the Art Gallery
- 11 wheelchair spaces in the auditorium (8 in the stalls, 2 in the dress circle and 1 in the upper circle)
- For stalls access for those with limited mobility, a bell is available on the door in Donald’s Way 30 minutes prior to and until 5 minutes before the show starts.
- Transferable seats for those in wheelchairs who wish to sit in a theatre seat
- Access to the stalls, dress circle, upper circle, bars and 1906 restaurant via a lift
- Accessible toilets are available throughout the theatre
- Guide dogs welcome
- Signed and subtitled shows available
Please inform box office staff if you require a wheelchair space or transferable seat when purchasing tickets. If you have any queries on accessibility at HMT please contact 0845 270 8200.