St Leonards Place, YO1 7HD YORK
Based on Khaled Hosseini’s international bestselling novel and film, this powerful and dramatic story leaves a lasting impression on anyone it touches.
More information ...
Best Seat Booking
You select the price – we select the best available seats
- Information for ticket selection.
- * The price to attend the event, where displayed, includes the ticket price plus, where applicable, booking fee and Venue Restoration Levy. Additional per transaction charges, ranging from £2.50 for standard mail to £12.50 for Secure International Delivery apply.
- Standard Mail - Tickets are sent First Class post to the UK only
- Registered Mail - Tickets are sent Royal Mail Special Delivery in the UK only.
- Secure International Delivery - Tickets shipped to customers outside the UK
- Venue Collection
This haunting tale of friendship spans cultures and continents and follows one man’s journey to confront his past and find redemption.
Afghanistan is a divided country on the verge of war and childhood friends, Amir and Hassan are about to be torn apart. It’s a beautiful afternoon in Kabul and the skies are full of the excitement and joy of a kite flying tournament. But neither of the boys can foresee what will happen to Hassan that afternoon, an event that is to shatter their lives.
Adapted by Matthew Spangler / Based on the novel by Khaled Hosseini / Directed by Giles Croft
Originally produced by Nottingham Playhouse Theatre Company and Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse
“A hit” – The Telegraph
“Outstanding” Daily Mail
“Exhilarating” The Times
“Beautifully performed” Financial Times
“Utterly absorbing from start to finish” – Mail on Sunday
“Gripping” The Guardian