The Wardrobe opened its doors in 1999, and has been serving up great drinks, great food and great music ever since. Pete Connolly, a local entrepreneur, wanted somewhere that he could go to listen to really good live music, (and by that he meant everything from local music students to international bands,) in a relaxed environment. There wasn’t anywhere, so he decided to do it himself. Although he had been involved in a restaurant before, he had no experience of a live music venue or bar. He brought in his mates from Mojo to consult on the drinks, and set about creating somewhere that he would really like to come to. This emphasis on what would make a really good night out, rather than what would turn the greatest profit, has given The Wardrobe its unique feel. Since then, we have proudly remained an independently-owned business.
Currently there are no events for the The Wardrobe Leeds .
Address: The Wardrobe
St. Peter’s Square,
- Follow signs for the city centre loop and the West Yorkshire Playhouse (WYP).
- Drive past the West Yorkshire Playhouse with it on your left (if it’s on the right go up to the roundabout and come back on yourself)
- Take the first turn left after the WYP, before the traffic lights.
- Behold, The Wardrobe! (Opposite the BBC building)
- For parking, drive to the top of the street and turn left to see a large Leeds City Council pay & display car park.
- The West Yorkshire Playhouse has a pay & display car park.
- There is also an multi-storey behind the bus station. Head up New York Street towards the city centre and it is on your left.
See you soon!
Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilets