Best Seat Booking
You select the price – we select the best available seats
- Information for ticket selection.
- * The price to attend the event, where displayed, includes the ticket price plus, where applicable, booking fee and Venue Restoration Levy. Additional per transaction charges, ranging from £2.50 for standard mail to £12.50 for Secure International Delivery apply.
- Standard Mail - Tickets are sent First Class post to the UK only
- Registered Mail - Tickets are sent Royal Mail Special Delivery in the UK only.
- Secure International Delivery - Tickets shipped to customers outside the UK
The original album was recorded at the Van Gelder Studios in one session on December 9th 1964. ‘A Love Supreme’ is one the most revered recordings of the 20th Century. It is a devotional statement, a suite of deeply spiritual music and the suite has been extended through arrangements written by flautist Rowland Sutherland to embrace instrumentation from different the spiritual traditions that reside in our inner cities.
The 15 piece Enlightenment Ensemble aims to re-affirm the Love implicit in John Coltrane’s all-embracing vision, thereby transcending the religious and secular divides devastating our world today and inviting the listener to experience “Elation, Elegance, Exaltation”.
Musicians: Rowland Sutherland - arranger / flutes / Adé Egun Crispin Robinson, Dave Pattman, Oli Savill – bata drums / Ansuman Biswas – tablas, santoor, waterphone. perc. / Juwon Ogungbe – voice / Cleveland Watkiss – voice / Mark Mondesir – drums / Neil Charles – bass / Nikki Yeoh – piano / Orphy Robinson - musical director / xylosynth / Pat Thomas – electronics / keys / Shabaka Hutchings - bass clarinet / Steve Williamson – tenor saxophone / Tunde Jegede – kora